Nixie clock kit with IN-14 nixie tubes.
NCV2.1 is the nixie clock kit without enclosure. The kit contains all required fittings, electronic parts, both PCBs, 6x IN-14 nixie tubes and 2x IN-3 column separator bulbs. In other words you will get all required parts to assemble clock less enclosure.
Wall-cube type power supply, GPS receiver and enclosure are not included. You can get them in your local store.
The clock is professionally designed using the cutting-edge tools and technologies. Both PCBs are routed with considerations to requirements for SMPS, signal interference, shielding and heat dissipation. Here is no doubt – you will feel quality from the first sight. To ensure easy assembly, no tiny SMD parts were introduced. Best, FR4 type material is used for the PCBs.
All electronic parts are the best quality and comes from the famous producers such as: Philips, Microchip, Texas Instruments, STM, Maxim-Dallas, International Rectifier, Yageo and others. The Nixie tubes are New-Old-Stock and comes mostly from Russian military plants.
The clock’s firmware is driven by operating system and is able to work in multitasking mode. Several industrial protocols are involved and dozens of tasks and algorithms are coded. It is quite complex and contains many thousands of code lines. It is programmed so that all settings and tube’s lifetime counter values are stored in the battery back upped memory and are kept safely during the power outage. Moreover, time and date are still counted when the clock has no power.
Current version of firmware: v1.3.
- Time display
- 12-hour mode
- 24-hour mode
- AM/PM indication
- Programmable leading zero suppression
- Programmable DST correction (Including updated DST rules for USA and Canada in 2007)
- Date display
- DD/MM/YY mode
- MM/DD/YY mode
- Leap year correction
- Programmable column separators
- Programmable tubes shut-down during night time
- Smooth crossfading with selectable deep
- Three visual effects
- Selectable automatic date show
- Selectable refresh rate of tubes
- Tube’s lifetime counter (16-bit)
- GPS time and date synchronization (GPS receiver is optional)
- Selectable time-zone
- Cathode poisoning prevention
- Sandwich type design
- Microchip PIC16F876A main controller running at 20MHz
- Real Time Clock with battery back-up (CR2032 Lithium battery)
- Tube’s drive mode: 3×2 multiplex
- High voltage power supply with PWM control and software shut-down.
- Adjustable brightness
- RS232 levels serial input
- 2 pushbuttons
- Power supply: 9-12V @ 500-1000mA DC; 5.5/2.5mm jack with positive inner
- Incorrect polarity protection
- High precision (10ppm) timebase XTAL